Statue restored as Urania.
Marble. Roman copy of a Greek originals of the 4th century BCE.
Inv. No. 293.
Rome, Vatican Museums, Pius-Clementine Museum, Room of the Muses, 57
(Musei Vaticani, Museo Pio-Clementino)
Formerly in the Palazzo Ginnetti at Velletri.
Donated by Prince L. Lancellotti.
The head is ancient and was found in the Hadrianís Villa in 1786, but does not belong to the statue.
(ŮŮ) 2006. Photo:
CC BY-SA 4.0
Text: museum inscription to the sculpture.
THE GALLERY OF ANCIENT ART
marble statue restored as Urania muse muses musen musa from the Villa of Hadrian Hadrianís Villa female clothes clothing garments coiffure footwear Palazzo Ginnetti in Velletri prince Lancellotti globe indicating stick Inv No 293 SM 57