Pentelic marble. Ephesus, ca. 100 BCE. Inv. No. Ma 527 (MR 224).
Paris, Louvre Museum
Was discovered in 1609 in Anzio in the course of excavations of a Nero’s palace. Was restored of 17 fragments by Nicolas Cordier. Was stored in Rome as a part of the Borghese collection. In 1807 the sculpture was bought by Napoleon from Camillo Borghese. Exposed in the Louvre since 1808.
Keywords: Pentelic marble statue of an warrior Borghese gladiator by sculptor Agasias son of Dositheus Dositheos Gladiatore Borghese scultura di Agasias figlio di Dositeo from the Borghese collection Inv No Ma 527 MR 224