Wall fresco painting.

From the subterranean hall of the Villa of Livia at Prima Porta.
40—20 BCE.

Rome, Roman National Museum, Palazzo Massimo alle Terme
(Museo nazionale romano, Palazzo Massimo alle Terme)

Origin:
The frescoes were discovered in 1863 in the course of excavations promoted by count Francesco Senni. In 1953 were transfered to the Baths of Diocletian. Since 1998 in Palazzo Massimo.
Literature:
Maurizio Forte (a cura di). La villa di Livia: un percorso di ricerca di archeologia virtuale. L’ERMA, 2007.
Credits:
© 2015. Photo: Ilya Shurygin.
Data: museum annotation.
THE GALLERY OF ANCIENT ART
Keywords: frescos frescoes fresco from Villa of Livia at Prima Porta ad gallinas albas painted garden wall painting affreschi del ninfeo sotterraneo della villa di Livia
HISTORY OF ANCIENT ROME