Eros stringing his bow.

Marble. Roman copy after a Greek bronze original by Lysippos of the 4th century BCE.
Inv. No. MC 410.

Rome, Capitoline Museums, Palazzo Nuovo, Gallery
(Musei capitolini, Palazzo Nuovo, Galleria)

Origin:
Tivili, villa d’Este. Donation of the Pope Benedictus XIV, 1753.
Credits:
(ρρ) 2016. Photo: Sergey Sosnovskiy (CC BY-SA 4.0).
Text: museum inscription to the sculpture.

comment
THE GALLERY OF ANCIENT ART
Keywords: marble statue of Eros Roman copy after Greek original by sculptor Lysippos of Sikyon Lysipp aus Sikyon scultore Lisippo Eros stringing his bow Eros Stringing the Bow Eros drawing his bow Eros Amor Cupid Inv No MC410 MC 410
HISTORY OF ANCIENT ROME