Cast of a sarcophagus with Traditio Legis in the Vatican Grottoes. Detail of the front side: Traditio Legis.
Original (inv. 174): marble, c. 350375 CE. Inv. No. 31528 (ex XXV).
Rome, Vatican Museums, Pio-Christian Museum (Musei Vaticani, Museo Pio Cristiano)
The original, which was found in the Vatican Necropolis (1585-1590), came in 1854 to the Pio Christian Museum (inv. 174), which let it be transferred to the Fabric of St. Peter in 1949 (today it is placed in the Vatican Grottoes).