Parian marble. Roman copy from an original by Myron of the 5th century BCE. Height 155 cm (without the modern base). Inv. No. 126371.
Rome, Roman National Museum, Palazzo Massimo alle Terme (Museo nazionale romano, Palazzo Massimo alle Terme)
Discovered in 1781 within the confines of the Villa Palombara on the Esquiline. The right calf, the fingers of the left hand, the oval base englobing the ancient plinth and perhaps the lower part of the disc are restorations. The right arm and the left foot have been reattached.